Monday, August 8, 2011

Emma's First Day of School

The day went better then I thought it would. We woke up and I went to wake up Emma. She didn't want to wake up at first because she fought us to go to sleep last night. She was excited because my mom (Me Maw) was here for a slumber party. I told her it was time to wake up and get ready for school. Immediately, she opened her eyes and asked me, "Really?"  and I said "Yes, really." After that she threw off her blanket, got outta bed, and said, "Let's do this!" LOL

She ate her breakfast, brushed her teeth, got dressed, and we walked to the bus stop. As we were waiting, she kept saying..."I hope the bus didn't forget about me." I had to ensure her that it didn't and it was coming. After waiting for about 15 minutes, the bus showed. Once the bus came to a complete stop, she climbed on and sat down. Then, she waved at us. Not a problem getting on the bus at all. I was so happy to see that. I didn't want to see her cry because then I'd cry.

Here are some of her pictures of her first day:
Her Outfit
Eating her breakfast!




Waiting at the bus stop



Getting on the bus.



Sitting on the far side of the bus. (second window)



The day seemed to go by fast for me. I uploaded the pictures, got some things done around the house that really needed it. Then, it was time for us to go back to the bus stop. This was the worst for me. I was afraid my baby wouldn't find the right bus back home. After waiting for a half an hour, the bus finally came.....


The anticipation was killing me watching the bus slow down.



And there she comes. She was even sitting with another little girl. Which made me happy to see... she might have a friend that lives right here in our home town.


Waving to the bus driver and the kids.....


Most people said she'd talk my ear off with all the things they did. Nope, she said she didn't want to talk about it. I gave her a little bit and asked again. She said she didn't like the teacher because she didn't win a prize. I asked her why she didn't get the prize and what did they have to do to get the prize. She said the teacher told her to raise her hand.

She's been asking me all day not to make her go back tomorrow. :(

So, if any of you parents out there, have any idea's to help me make it more exciting on my end... please share them in the comments. Any suggestions would help. I don't wanna fight her everyday to go to school... over a sticker!!

Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed.

1 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Wow, I would have been a mess if I had put my baby on a bus. Ha. You're great!

Oh dear, I hate she had a negative experience. I have no advice since my daughter just started Kindergarten this year and loves it. She didn't get booted out of a sticker. :-O I pray you'll have wisdom!

Beth

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...