Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Kurtis Is Here

As a new mother we all know the feeling. Ya know.... the lack of sleep feeling....My sister just had her baby not too long ago and I offered to take the baby over night so she could get a good nights rest. Kurtis and I went down to the bus stop to pick Emma up from the bus. When Emma saw him, she was extremely excited. She kissed him and couldn't wait to get back to the house to play with him.

When we got back home, Kurtis needed a bottle. I mixed one up for him while trying to get Emma to start on her homework. She pretended she didn't know how to make an M to try to get my attention off of feeding Kurtis to her. I explained to her how to write an M again. She began whining.... "I can't do this."
I told her we can do anything we put our minds to.

After the feeding, the baby needed a change. Emma didn't like this either because she had to wait for me to start her dinner. Patients is not in her vocabulary. She began saying that my sister needed to come get her baby so I could spend more time with her.

While I was in the kitchen and Emma was watching a movie. (Labyrinth) The next thing I hear is Emma yelling. I look into the living room and she's standing by Kurtis's pack-n-play saying. "Goblin King, Goblin King..... where ever you might be.... please.... take this baby far away from me... right now."

So, I've come to the conclusion that she wouldn't like the idea of a brother or sister. Perhaps we'll think about one later on in the future when she's a little older.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...