Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Road to Reading

After Emma came home from school today, there was a note in her folder telling me of a few words that she needed to learn. This gave me the idea to do two things to try to help her learn. One would be to create basic word flashcards to go over with her every night. Second is that I wrote a letter to her teacher asking him for a list of the words he plans on teaching them. This way I can add them into the flash card pile.

I've done some research and found some awesome websites that help Kindergarten students learn to read. Emma just loves them. Google brought up a bunch of websites that were also very helpful.

What did you do to ensure your child was staying up with the rest of the class when it came to reading? All creative ideas are great. I'd love to learn some fun ways to help Emma learn how to read.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...