Tuesday, October 18, 2011

First Nine Weeks- 1/2 way over..... Update


Emma's Kindergarten Picture- So beautiful
For those of you who have been following along, I'm back to give another update. There's been so much going on with Emma and school. She just amazes me everyday. She's learning so quickly though we have come across some things she needs to focus on. We got her mid-way report card last week. She's passing her classes though there's one grade that bothers me. She as a C- in reading. One point lower and it will be a D.

I'm doing everything I can to help her reach the potential I know she has. We've purchased reading apps for the Nook to help her with the reading. I've made flash cards as well as taped the words to objects through the house. Such as.... stove, sink, chair, table, etc..... Hopefully seeing the words as she says them will help.

Last week they had a program where an African Dance & Drum Team came to the school. Emma really enjoyed this. She said they sang and danced. They were even in really pretty clothes.

This week is the book fair as well as Grandparents Breakfast. She's super excited for this. She loves books as well as her Me-maw which will accompany her Friday morning.

We will be working on carving Emma's first pumpkin for a school contest. Which she has to turn in on Friday. I think I'm just as excited as she is on this one.

The end of the first nine weeks is Oct 31 so I pray we get a good report. I've been working very hard with her.

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...